Sunday, January 20, 2008

London Jan. 18: Back in Houston-Intercontinental

Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

We landed on runway 8L and I looked over and noticed that the airport was using three runways for landing, which is always cool. On the ground I could see a few airplanes waiting to takeoff on runways 15L and R.

We had quite a long taxi to get to our gate and actually had to wait for an aircraft to clear 8R. Lufthansa's A340-600 was pushing back from D11 and Air France's Boeing 777-200 was still at the gate, I think a little delayed perhaps since it was about 4:30p. The guy next tome commented how cold it was (50F), but it was sunny out so it did not appear cold; typical Houston I said.

We docked into E18, next to a Boeing 767-200 at E20; when these two gates are used for widebodies, E19 cannot be used.

I disembarked and headed for Immigration. I called to see what time was the next bus and it was at 4:49p, so I had to hurry as it was 4:37p now. the next one was at 5:39p and I did not really want to wait.

E18 is actually closer to Immigration than most gates anyways. I made it to the line and luckily there were not many people there. Of course I got the line that had people with problems. Luckily it did not take lone and I was through in a few minutes. The guys asked me why I was only goes for a day and I I told I just went to visit friends. It is always funny when they ask questions as if it is a crime to just leave the country for a day, anyways... He was nice about it thought.

I ran downstairs showed my Customs form and exited. I ran downstairs again to see the train and it had just left, so I decided to walk to Terminal C. I had to take off my coat as I was sweating now.

Once at Terminal C, the bus stop was empty, but that just meant that the bus came and took up the people and went to the last stop and is on its way back; this was a good sign. I walked out and waited, calling my parents as I did so. My mom is out of the country and I wanted to touch base with her and my Dad as well, since oddly enough I had a dream about my dad on the plane and I never dream about dad. Both were fine. the bus came within two minutes, I boarded and then headed downtown.

No comments: