Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year Trip 2007/2008 : Seattle-Tacoma International, Seattle WA (SEA) to Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

CO223 1JAN08 Seattle-Tacoma International, WA (SEA) to Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) 6:20a 12:27p 753 N75858

Flying time: 3:25

I boarded once the process was almost complete and the gate agent asked me if I was not here a few hours ago as she entered my seat number in the system. I said yes, smiled and boarded.

The boarding process was complete and the doors closed, so the flight attendant made an announcement about electronic devices; to turn them off, etc. We pushed back while the demo played over the monitors.

After takeoff, there was an announcement that the movie is “Ratatouille” and that we would have breakfast. Headsets are $1 and beer wine and margaritas are $5. I had seen the movie already on my last jaunt to Asia, but I had actually fell asleep close to the end and think that will occur again on this trip since I’ve not really slept properly just yet. This will perhaps be another one hour of sleep flight again.

You could see the sun rising off the left side of the airplane as we progressed on our journey. The Captain came on and gave his welcome as we leveled off at 35,000’ saying that we should be on time at 12:27p and it is currently 8:53a in Houston. Flying time was 3:25 and there was 10 miles visibility, the clouds were 7,000’ above the surface and the temperature was currently 40F; with a high of 60s low 70s is the weather forecast. All that extra weather information we don’t need again ;). He also talked about keeping your seatbelt securely fastened when seated and also whenever the seatbelt sign is on.

The flight attendant then came around offering headsets. The kid to my left bought two; one for him and the other for his little brother. His mom who was sitting next to me gave him the money in quarters to do so.

My battery died as I typed the last sentence above, so I just went to sleep at that time as I was falling asleep anyways. I was awoken by the arrival of breakfast; a cranberry muffin, cereal with milk and a banana. I ate the muffin and the banana, but not the rest. It actually ended up getting tossed at the end of the flight.

I fell asleep and awoke when I was told to get ready for landing; funny how the human body can just awake for certain things and then go straight back to sleep. I knew we landed, but I was still asleep. We taxied up to teh gate and I stayed seated for a while as people got their stuff and departed.

No comments: