Sunday, January 27, 2008

San Jose, CA: Norma Y. Mineta International, San Jose, CA (SJC) to Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

CO1576 27JAN08 Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International, San Jose CA (SJC) to Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) 6:15a 12:02p 733 N18350

Flying Time: 3:26

As I boarded, I greeted the lead flight attendant, who said hello and joked that I could have done the trip for him. I asked if he was here all weekend and he said yes. Good deal, I thought.

This was a different 737-300, but it too had no entertainment system on board; no big deal, on these early morning flights, most people sleep anyways.

An announcemnt was made to not stow the jackets in th overheads to allow customers to store their larger bags. I don't think people adhered as there were several coats in th overheads.

We all settled and were ready to go. A passenger got a last minute upgrade from the back so I am sure he was thrilled.

The departure time passed and the captain came on the PA and said we were delayed due to a fuel pump issue I think; as I had fallen asleep so I did not hear too clearly what he said. There were groans in the cabin when he was done. I went back to sleep.

At about 6:44a, a lady in the back said she wanted off the plane. She mentioned that she had some bad news before boarding and did not want to fly anymore. The flight attendant helped her to get to the front of the plane.

At 6:47a, the Captain came on th PA and said that issue was fixed and we are leaving now. I then saw the lady coming back; I guess she changed her mind. We pushed back at 6:48a and the flight attendants started giving the safety demo. The sun was actually coming up by now as well.

I had no idea when we took off, but awoke to a request for breakfast. It was actually quite good. It was a container of Total whole grain cereal with reduced fat milk, a packet of raisins and a chocolate chunk cake. I just had some water with it all and then went back to sleep.

Later, I awoke to put my chair upright and next thing I knew we double bounced on the runway. I went back to sleep as we taxied up to the gate.

No comments: