Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tel Aviv, Israel: Leaving Ben Gurion Aiport

I am at the airport now awaiting the departure of the El Al flight to Newark, NJ (EWR).

The check-in process was not too bad, but very. very strict.

I took th opportunity to use the free WiFi and caught up on a few things.

I then cleared security and Immigration and headed for the gate. This terminal is really large in all dimensions. Once in the rotunda area that leads to all the gates, I went to the Currency Exchange counter and changed some local currency as I had just about 7 USD’s equivalent left. I then walked around the rotunda and its various stores including a McDonald’s.

I then started looking for lounges. There are two; El Al’s King David Lounge and the Den Lounge. The Den Lounge is accessible using credit cards that are addressed in Tel Aviv or with an invitation from the airline. A Continental Presidents Club card along with a Continental ticket was also acceptable. I could have also paid 100 ILS (Shekel) or 25 USD to enter. Well, I had only about an hour before departure so it was not worth it at all.

I finished up some other stuff and then boarded.

See you in Newark.

No comments: