Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bristol, England: Newark to Houston

CO711 17FEB08 Newark-Liberty International, Newark NJ (EWR) to Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) 2:25p 5:36p 733 N??334

Flying Time: 3:44

I got to the door and had to wait a bit as there was congestion in the aisle; this is kind of odd as no one had boarded for the last 10 minutes, oh well. I stuffed my jacket in an small open space in the overhead and took my backpack and stuffed that under the seat in front of me. I had to step over a passenger’s bag that she had placed under seat. Luckily the flight attendant found room for it before we departed.

As I sat down, I looked to my left and saw a Bombardier Q400 in Continental Connection colors; this is one of the new flights operated by Colgan Air.

I had seen one landing earlier while I waited to board the flight.

There was one guy staking out an aisle seat instead of his assigned middle one, but I hate to tell him that that seat would be full soon as the standby list was at least 30 strong. Eventually the owner of the seat showed up and he moved to his middle seat.

Departure time came and went and we were still at the gate with the seatbelt sign off…

Later the Captain said he was waiting for paperwork hence the delay. We eventually pushed back late and headed for the runway after the manual demo.

As we pushed back, I got a better view of the Q400.


As we waited to takeoff, I saw a Q400 execute a missed approach and then a TAP Air Portugal A310 land. It was now our turn after an ExpressJet ERJ-145.

After takeoff, at 3:40p snack of mini pretzels and beverages. A second drink service came at about 4:15p.

At 4:28p, the Captain came on the PA and said that we were experiencing some choppy air so he would turn on the seatbelt sign.

I fell asleep and awoke on preparation for landing. We landed without incident.

No comments: