Saturday, February 02, 2008

London Feb. 1: Leaving San Antonio, TX (SAT)

02FEB08 San Antonio International, San Antonio, TX (SAT)

My friend dropped me off at 11:20a. I got my stuff together and headed for the check-in area. There were not many people there and I soon found a kiosk and printed my boarding pass as I had already checked in online and received a seat earlier.

I presented my documents at security and after what seemed like ages for a short line, I was through. The lady in front of me commented that soon they will ask us to take off all our clothes; I nodded and we chatted for a few minutes while waiting.

Once through, I went to the Presidents Club, showed my credentials and entered. I picked up the newspaper and the headline was Microsoft is buying Yahoo! Holy cow, I never saw that coming at all. The byline read, “so that they can compete against Google.”

I found a seat and plugged in my computer and settled in. I got a drink from the bar as well as some cheese and crackers. When I got back, I noticed that the computer was not charging. As it turns out the plugs at this station were not working. I went over and reported it to the bartender and then went searching for another plug which I found nearby. This was a good thing as I was glad I did not have to move.

I got online using the complimentary WiFi and also made a phone call I needed to make. I noticed that it was 12:07p and darted out saying goodbye to the agent who wished me a happy Superbowl Sunday. I told him I would be out of the country so I’d miss it. Come to think of it, I’ve always been out of the country during Superbowls.

I ran to the gate as I heard that it was the final boarding call. I looked out the window as well and saw that the catering truck was moving away. That was quick I thought as the airplane had only arrived at 11:45a. I guess they are trying to stay on schedule.

By the way, not having the “e” working on my computer is quite the pain…

I presented my boarding pass to the agent at the door who scanned it, took her portion and ushered me by, saying “have a nice flight as I passed.” I was still rushing and slowed down when I realized that the jetway was still backed up with passengers.

No comments: