Monday, March 10, 2008

Space Shuttle Endeavour: Leaving Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

10MAR08 Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

As planned at 6:50p, we departed or sanctity of comfy seats, complimentary drinks and wireless access in the Presidents for the hustle and bustle of the concourse. We were headed for gate 44, which was not too far away.

On arriving at the gate, I noticed that the ever long Boeing 757-300 was positioned at the gate. This aircraft is the only derivative of the Boeing 757 line. It looks the same, but is much, much longer.

I approached the counter and asked if we had been given seats as yet and the agent said yes and gave me our boarding cards. She did check if we could get seats together, but alas that was not the case. No worries at all, happy to have a seat, we are…

I walked away so I could see the registration number on the plane and the said “We’re boarding!” I said, I know, I’ll be right there as I continued to walk forward so I could see the registration number which I did see as “855” on the cover for the nose wheel well. It was 6:59p at the time.

I then walked back and presented my boarding card to her and so did my colleague.

No comments: