Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sydney, Australia: Los Angeles, CA (LAX) to Houston, TX (IAH)

CO294 Los Angeles International, Los Angeles California (LAX) to Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) 8:00a 1:14p 738 with winglets N??291

Flight Time: 2:42
Continental Airlines
Seat Map

As I got down the jetway, it was backed up a bit, so I had to wait. Once on board, the agent was making an announcement that in order to make more space for other passengers’ bags, please put the smaller bags at your feet and refrain from putting the coats in the overheads just yet; she then thanked everyone for their cooperation.

I walked past the 16 leather seats in a 2-2 configuration in the First Class cabin, past the divider for Economy class in its 3-3 configured cloth seats. I found a place for my bag and then settled into my middle seat for the 2:42 hours journey.

The door closed at 7:55a, then the safety demonstration commenced on the overhead monitors, first in English and then in Spanish. Departure time came and went without a word of why we had a delay. At 8:14a, we pushed by still without any word. The row I was in has no window at the window seat, so I could not see out on that side, hence I had no idea what was going on outside.

We taxied out to the runway and took off at 8:27a.

After takeoff, the flight attendant made an announcement welcoming us onboard and saying that today's move is "Enchanted" with Patrick Dempsey and also that we will have a breakfast on the flight.

Then the Captain came on the PA and said that there was 3 miles of fog at the field, temp was 55F with winds from the South and light rain.

Headsets were offered for 1 USD and alcohol was 5 USD (quite a difference from Qantas from Cairns to Sydney, I though).

The movie started soon and I watched as I had breakfast of Chex and raisins with milk. I had some tea as well.

The crew came back with a second drink helping and shortly after that the Captain said that we had bad weather as he was approaching El Paso, TX and it was at all levels so we had to bear it. It did not last too long afterall.

The movie played on which was quite good actually. I fell asleep though so I missed the end of it :-(.

I had to wake up and put my seat up for landing and then I went back to sleep as I was still tired.

No comments: