Friday, April 04, 2008

London Jan. 4: Leaving Houston-Intercontinental (IAH)

04PAR08 Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

I left the Club at about 6:45p and made my way to the gate at E-18. I wanted to stay longer as I was trying to upload the video of the congestion, but the flight was boarding and I did not want to be left behind since it was well past departure time. By the time I got to the gate, they were still boarding children. It would be good if Houston Intercontinental had complimentary WiFi throughout the airport.

I asked the Concierge if I could get a window seat, say 10L, she said no, but I could get one in the forward cabin of BusinessFirst near to my current aisle seat. We then spent a few minutes talking about the best seat in that cabin; it seems that it was 1K and after the boarding process had completed 8B. I’ll have to remember that the next time, but really, I’m a big fan of window seats.

She made the change and cheerfully handed me the new boarding after checking my passport. She then told me that I could board at my leisure, so I did.

No comments: