Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Tampa Day Trip: Houston Intercontinental Houston, TX (IAH) to Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL (TPA)

CO706 09APR08 Houston Intercontinental Houston, TX (IAH) to Tampa/St. Petersburg, Tampa FL (TPA) 7:30a 10:44a 733 N??346

Flying Time: 1 :45
Seat Map

As I boarded, I asked the flight attendant to ensure that there were two seats and there were, one at the Exit row window and the other at a forward window. I chose the forward window and my colleague too the Exit row. The flight attendant was suggesting that I take that seat, but I said the one I had was fine.

The aircraft has 12 leather seats in First class and 112 cloth seats in Economy class in a single aisle configuration.

I asked the folks at the middle and the aisle to allow me in and they did. I heard the door close and we started pushback at 7:30a sharp. At that time, the manual safety demo commenced, ending three minutes later just as the pushback was completed.

We then started our taxi out once the right engine was started. There was a Boeing 757-200 with winglets being towed out as well as a wingleted 737 from Continental getting ready to leave as well.


We passed Terminal A, I saw a United Airlines (UA) Boeing 757-200 (752) which is unusual for Houston Intercontinental. I wonder why it was there. There was also what looked like a Bombardier CRJ-700 at the gate next to, also in United colors. Aha, I think it is due to the American Airlines (AA) cancellations.


I saw an ABX Air Boeing 767-200F taxiing out to the runway. This was the first time I've seen that aircraft/airline in Houston. They are a cargo outfit based in Wilmington, Ohio.

At 7:43a, we took off on runway 33 in the bright morning. After takeoff, the lead flight attendant welcomed us on board and told us about the service today; a snack will be served.

Breakfast arrived at 8:05a, it was preceded by an announcement to watch your elbows in the aisle. It was a banana nut muffin with beverage of choice.
Alcoholic beverages if you so desired were 5 USD or you may us an inflight coupon.

The captain came on the PA once we leveled off at 35,000’ at 8:06a. He said we show an ontime arrival, the temperature was in the mid 70s, winds were from the east with scattered clouds above. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the flight and welcome aboard.

I was really tired so I fell asleep. I missed the nice view of circling the Tampa Bay area, but was able to see the St. Pete airport off in the distance. We touched down at 10:25a with ease and taxied to the gate.

No comments: