Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bucharest, Romania June 2008: Arriving in Amsterdam Schipol (AMS) from Houston Intercontinental (IAH)

14JUN08 Amsterdam Schipol International Amsterdam Netherlands (AMS)

It was 11:44a, when we touched down on runway 18R. it was a creepy touchdown and I felt all the correction the pilot had to make to keep the aircraft steady on the runway. I looked off to the side and saw some plane spotters watching our spectacular landing.

I hate landing this far out as it means it will take about ten minutes to get to the gate and it did. Not to worry, it was great to see the planes as we taxied in. Of course a few KLMs as well as the Suriname Airways Boeing 747-300 which was originally owned by KLM.

It took a while to get off the plane after we docked. We made a bee line for the Flight Information Display and noticed that it said our gate was D12 which was 10 minutes away. It was now 12:05p, s we had to hustle. As I passed the Transfer Centers, I noticed they were crowded so we just continued on to the gate arriving at 12:18p. There was quite a line to get through the security so we waited.

Once through, we approached the counter and waited until the agent had a chance to attend to us. I said hello, presented our documents and she checked us in…relief. She told us that it should be fine, just take a seat and she will call us. I did notice that there were other passengers waiting for seats as well.

We were just hanging out watching people and planes; when my colleague said, hey Woody Harrelson just popped his head into our gate area. Oh cool I said. After a few more passengers came in, there he was! I figured he was going to film a movie or something to that effect in Bucharest.

Eventually, he came through the security area, presented his boarding pass and made a beeline for the jetway.

Soon, we got our seat assignments in Business Class (europe select) and boarded.

No comments: