Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Beijing 2008 - The Summer Olympiad

So I've never been to a Summer Olympics and I'd like to go to this one.  In 2004, I missed Athens, due to scheduling and I could not join a friend of mine who was going there.  As a matter of fact, I must call him now that I remember as I am sure he is perhaps going.

I did make the winter Olympics in Slat Lake City in 2002 and Turino, Italy in 2006.  Both every nice events and got a chance to see Ice Hockey at both events; go figure..

I did World cup Soccer in Niigata, Japan and also in Hamburg, Germang as well.

Last week when I checked hotels they were in the $500 and up range.  This week I found that the Holiday Inn has good rates at about $138! Marked difference, plus you can use only 15,000 points for a night's stay.  So I'm getting things in place to make the trip.

The room is booked and the flights are sorted out, well kind of...Getting there looks fine, coming back is looking better as I look at options.  There is emirates over Dubai and I may get to log the 777-200LR and there is also Northwest Airlines (NW) over Tokyo-Narita, Japan (NRT); a route I had flown once before, or was it Shanghai to Narita, umm...  In addition, there is Air Canada (AC) to Vancouver, BC Canada (YVR) and Dragon Air (KA) to Hong Kong (HKG) and then Cathay Pacific to Los Angeles, CA (LAX).

Options, options...

Oh, I want to go see the swimming on the 10th of August, but so far I have not secured any tickets.  A guy on eBay wants $600; good grief dude.  They only cost $13!

No comments: