Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Suhl, Germany: Arriving in Amsterdam Schipol (AMS) from Houston Intercontinental. Houston, TX (IAH)

27AUG08 Amsterdam Schipol International, Amsterdam Netherlands

We landed on the far runway, 8L I think, at 11:40a.

It was 11:52a when we blocked into our gate at G3 next to a United Airlines (UA) Boeing 767-300. In a few minutes I was off the plane and when I checked the time it was 12:00 noon. I walked over to T9 and the flight information displays listed the flight to Frankfurt at B9! Holy cow, I thought, this would be a long walk.

The KLM flight was at 1:55p. there was also a flight to Nuremburg, Germany (NUE), but with that one I would have to take a train into the city and that added more time to the journey. I would have to have everything in sync to catch the same train that would depart Frankfurt.

I quickened my steps and got to the Immigration area for the B and C concourses at 12:07p. I cleared there and security by 12:18p arriving at the gate at 12:24p.

The agent checked me in and asked if I preferred window or aisle; I said window and was given a window seat about mid cabin on the Boeing 737-500. I took the opportunity to take a picture of my plane today as well a Lufthansa CRJ-100 that was on the tarmac as it had a cool paint scheme.

A TAP A319 also arrived as well as a Singapore Airlines (SQ) Boeing 777-200 taking off.


Boarding commenced at 12:44p as the load was really light.

No comments: