Sunday, September 21, 2008

London August 2008: Departing London-Heathrow International for Houston Intercontinental. Houston, TX (IAH)

21SEP08 London-Heathrow International, London England (LHR)

I made it to Heathrow at 9:32a, plenty of time to check-in.

I made my way to the Check-in area and was surprised how sparse it was. The entire terminal was actually not very crowded. I think one of the reasons was that the flight loads are not too bad as well as the fact that British Airways (BA) has moved more of its flights to Terminal 5.

I got checked in, cleared the almost non-existent security lines and headed for the Holideck. I tooled around a bit, grabbed some breakfast and watched planes take off. I saw a British Airways (BA) Boeing 747-400, Jet Airways' Boeing 777-300ER as well as a few British Airways Boeing 777s.

I did notice that the BA 777 that crashed landed is now devoid of the BA logo as it still sits across from the take off runway.

My flight is delayed as it arrived late so at 10:50a, it still shows Will board at gate 2. I will head over there soon though.

No comments: