Friday, August 14, 2009

All you can jet in 30 days - job permitting



Houston, TX Fri. 14 Aug., 2009. Like many others, I have seen that JetBlue Airways (B6) is offering you to basically fly their system in 30 days for $599 plus some taxes if you head to international destinations.

Being the consummate traveler where it is all about the journey, this looks intriguing. Of course I have specific goals in mind and during that month I have to work so I have to accomplish this task on weekends only, i.e. Friday p.m. to Sunday p.m. This poses mega challenges, but I'm up for it. I also have to justify the cost vs. the goal value.

I've already looked at Jetblue's routes and picked the cities which I've not yet logged and those which I've already visited but would like to visit again time permitting. I have to keep focused as the primary goal is to log 13 new airports in 4 weekend days (12 days) and stay within the rules of the game.

Here are my 13 goal cities:
Aguadilla, PR BQN
Buffalo, NY BUF
Hyannis, MA HYA
Long Beach, CA LGB
Martha's Vineyard, MA MVY
Nantucket, MA ACK
Newburgh, NY SWF
Provincetown, MA PVC
Puerto Plata Dominica Republic POP
Richmond, VA RIC
Rochester, NY ROC
Rutland, VT RUT
Santiago Dominica Republic STI

Here are my 10 time permitting cities:
Aruba AUA
Hamilton, Bermuda BDA
Bogota, Colombia BOG
Bridgetown, Barbados BGI
Cancun, Mexico CUN
Nassau, Bahamas NAS
Montego Bay, Jamaica MBJ
San Jose, Costa Rica SJO
Santo Domingo, Dominica Republic SDQ
St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles
SXM

And finally I'd love to re-visit these two cities, but service starts after the end of the promo :-(:

Castries, St. Lucia UVF

Kingston, Jamaica KIN

I'm now armed with my PDF and downloadable schedules that were pointed out to me by @jetblue - http://www.twitter.com/jetblue at http://www.jetblue.com/help/timetables. Let the strategy begin.

Follow my travels on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/mskonfa1990.
Related Blogs: http://thestrategyblog.com/index.php/archives/281/how-to-book-an-awesome-travel-itinerary/

No comments: