Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Trip 2007: Nagoya (NGO) to Tokyo-Narita, Japan (NRT)

14 JL54 30DEC Nagoya Chubu International, Nagoya Japan (NGO) to Tokyo-Narita International,Narita Japan (NRT) 8:35a 9:30a 744 JA8913

Flying Time: 0:45
Departure Time: 8:31a
Arrival Time: 9:31a

It was funny to hear all the different codeshared flight numbers as this flight was codeshared with American, Air France and British Airways. Rows 1-12 boarded through the first jetway and everyone else through the other one on the right. I was greeted by the flight attendant and told to head upstairs for my seat. I did notices that Business Class was right by the door with a 2-3-2 configuration and way in the nose I caught a glimpse of the First Class cabin. I was seated in the last row and the guy whom I was standing behind at check-in was sitting in 81C.

I know that the overheads are smaller on the upper deck, so I thought that my backpack would not fit, but it did. I settled into my seat, high above the ground in this 3-3 configuration from rows 71-81.

The flight attendant came by and offered blankets and pillows followed by newspapers and magazines. The guy next to me was going to Delhi for a week and was astonished that I only stayed in Nagoya one night. He apologized for his bad English, but his English is by far better than my Japanese as I only know about four words in Japanese.

The lead flight attendant thanked us for boarding orderly so that we could have an early departure, then the safety announcement played in both English and Japanese at the same time.

Our taxi and take off was swift and we were airborne in no time. It was a beautiful morning and as we turned left, once could see the entire island; pity the camera's battery was dead...

As we leveled off, we had a beverage service. Then it was time to descend into Narita on this short 0:45 flight.

We landed without incident and took quite a while to get to our gate as it was on the other side of the airport and occupied. Not an issue as I got a chance to see the planes and my connection was not until much later during the day. We got to our gate at 9:31a. There was a short delay before we deplaned however.

No comments: