Monday, December 24, 2007

Finally a lounge

Inside Benito Juárez International Airport

I went to area B as I was told by the agent who checked me in. As is customary when I travel, I double check any information that I think sounds odd. I asked three agents who were together and one answered and said that she thinks I need to go back to the International departure area since I have an international boarding pass; sure enough the gate was 23 in the International area.

The Security area was empty and it was a breeze to get through. No beeps!

I followed the signs to the Lounges and the Continental Presidents Club was closed at 3p due to the Holiday. United's Red Carpet and American's Admiral CLub are in teh same area, but I do not have a membership for either.

A LH B747-400 is taxiing by; it is my goal to take that flight to Frankfurt at some point in 2008.

I digress... I stayed outside the Presidents Club for a bit while I finished up some online work. Then I pressed on to find the Aeromexico Salon Premier Lounge. The sign on the door of the Presidents Club indicated that I needed to find that Lounge if the Presidents Club was closed.

After walking in a circle following the signs, I found the Lounge. i stood by the door and nothing happened. I saw an agent inside who just looked at me. I walked away thinking they were closed and then he motioned to me to come forward and the door opened. Apparently, they are having trouble with the door.

I presented my documents, they were accepted and I got a firm "Welcome to the Lounge" from the female agent who did the verification.

The Lounge is quite nice, with complimentary drinks, Internet access, a few computers, plenty of chairs and a view of the field. An Aeromexico Boeing 737-700 was at the gate just outside the window.

An old movie with Patrick Dempsey as a teenager was playing, but it was dubbed in Spanish, it sounded really funny :-).

I await the call for boarding of the flight.

No comments: