Saturday, January 12, 2008

Burlington, VT: Burlington International, Burlington VT (BTV)

Burlington International, Burlington VT (BTV)

I did find WiFi that was compliments of the airport. You just have to give them an e-mail address and agree to their terms. You are initially taken to this page https://secure.wiboss.com/user/portal/?pid=5567%20? that ask you to click and get signed in. That page shows you the current departures and you can also check for the arrivals. Plus the weather forecast. Once you are signed in, you are taken to the airport's home page at http://www.btv.aero/. It would appear though that some of their information requires updates as they don't have the correct Saturday schedules for select airline.

I decided to go outside security and have a look around. I stopped by the counter and got checked in and asked about the loads. All seemed well and it seems that I did not have to get bailed out by Delta’s 3:55p flight to New York-JFK on the Bombardier CRJ. Not a bad option, except then I’d have to make my way over to Newark which although it would kill time, it would cost me to do so, but not too much, about $23 I think.

I walked around outside a bit more inhaling the 42F air (although it felt colder). I kept thinking of that guy on the ramp that was wearing short sleeves, I guess when you are accustomed to 25F as a high in Jan. with 8F as a low, 42F is balmy! I then went back inside and joined the security line. It took forever to clear security, one would think that you were in a major airport.

Once through, I ran a few paces to the gate where they had just paged me. I got my boarding pass for a window/aisle seat and boarded. There were actually people still in the jetway and some boarded behind me so it was not too bad. It was about 2:15p by now.

By the way, does anyone know why the code is BTV? I assume another city is BVT or BUR (Burbank, CA).

No comments: