Saturday, January 05, 2008

London Jan. 4: On the train to Victoria

Southern 05JAN08 10:55a train service London-Gatwick to London-Victoria

I walked about two cars back to the 10th car where I found a seat facing the direction of travel. I took the window seat and placed my bag to the right of me taking up that place. I did not want to place it in the luggage rack behind me. I’m just a bit leery of someone walking off with my luggage and having to constantly look behind me to ensure that it is still there.

We pulled out ontime and I commenced writing this blog entry. It was kind of weird as the side on which I am sitting was the sunless side at Gatwick and now the glare is quite annoying, making it difficult to see the screen.

The plan once in Victoria is to find an Internet café; see if I can use my computer, upload these blog entries, check e-mail and see if I got one back from my friend I intend to visit in Bristol; if there is a message, head there otherwise stay in London until Monday and then head back to Houston either directly or via some other country in Europe, typically France or the Netherlands.

On the train, it was interesting hearing a dad parent his child, he would tell her that if she did not do something he would take away something, but he kept giving her multiple chances, which was weird. The little girl seemed to know how to get what she wanted as most children seems to learn somehow.

We are now at Clapham Junction (Britain’s busiest rail station says the sign), the last stop before London Victoria. I am checking for a WiFi signal and they are all secured and very weak signals. There is also a paid T-Mobile signal.

No comments: