Thursday, January 17, 2008

Monterrey, Mexico (MTY): Back in Houston, TX (IAH)

We taxied up to the gate which took quite a while to accomplish as we had landed on the Terminal E side of the airport. We docked at D3 and had a really long walk to get back to the International Arrivals building. It is at least a 7-10 minutes walk.

The Immigration officer did not respond to my Hello, he just wrote on my form and said "Next.' How rude I thought as I said thank you and left. He did the same thing to the person behind me sadly.

We made it downstairs and out of Customs where a Hello to the lady there yielded a hello back and a smile; what a difference.

One of my colleagues said the agent asked her "where are her people from?" which I thought was funny...

We then headed for the parking lot and headed home in the cold dreary night weather.

No comments: