Thursday, January 17, 2008

Monterrey, Mexico (MTY): CO2115 17JAN08 Monterrey, Mexico (MTY) to Houston-Intercontinental. Houston, TX (IAH)

CO2115 17JAN08 Monterrey, Mexico (MTY) to Houston-Intercontinental, Houston, TX (IAH) N15948 ERJ 6:05p 7:30p

We all boarded as quickly as possible and settled in. There was a Delta Connection CRJ on the left of us and there was also an Aviacsa Boeing 737-200 being pushed back so the noise level was enormous. the quiet of the 1-2 50 leather seats was quite welcomed. I said hello to the flight attendant and she acknowledge it, which usually means a good crew.

I switched seat with a lady who was traveling with two kids and her daughter so they could be together; it was an even swap; a window for a window and all were happy. They each got to sit next to one child.

At 6:20p, the doors closed and a minute later, we pushed back from the hard stand then taxied out to the runway; it was still quite hazy and raining as nightfall arrived on the airport.

The English safety demo started as we made our pushback followed by the Spanish version.

There was a Mexicana A319 landing on runway 29 as we waited. We were behind a Boeing 737-300 with markings that were not exactly visible from where I was sitting. There were several new carriers that I saw here in Monterrey; Aladia, interjet and Magni Charters to name three of them and of course Aviacsa, Mexicana and Aeromexico.

At 6:36p, we were airborne as it continued to rain. The flight attendant came on the PA and gave her welcome adding that we would get a snack and then beverages. She then came through with a sealed plastic container with m&ms, beef salami, a pack of crackers, a packet of peppercorn cheese and a napkin. I tried not to ea before the drinks came but I failed just as she a few seats away. I also tried to stay awake too as I was so tired. When she arrived with drinks, I had some water and apple juice.

Documentation was the next chapter of the flight; U.S. citizens only need a Customs form, others need an I-94 white form or the visa-waiver green form if your country participates in the visa waiver program. I had already received my Customs from when I checked in so I was good to go.

I was able to sneak in a 15 minute nap, but soon the Captain came on the PA and I could barely hear him say that we would start our descent in the Houston area. It was very faint though; This was at 7:15p.

It was 7:44p when touched down on the runway in Houston and it was just twilight there. An announcement was made welcoming in us and advising us of the procedures; i.e. we have to take all our bags with us an pick up our bags at customs when we get inside. Also ensure that we have our documentation filled out for the Immigration officials.

No comments: