Sunday, April 20, 2008

London Apr. 18: Leaving London, England

20APR08 London, England

I awoke at about what I think was 6:30a, but went back to sleep as it was way too early. My alarm clock then woke me up at 7:40a. I turned it off and awoke again at 7:54a. It was time for a shower, etc. and then departure a little later than I wanted to at 8:40a.

I then made my way to the tube station on this cold and foggy morning. It was 8:55a when the southbound Northern line train showed. I took it to Kings Cross St. Pancras and changed for the Piccadilly line which will take me all the way to Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3 and 4. The train 2 minutes after this one will go to Terminal 1,2,3 and 5.

It was a nice ride out to the airport, just about an hour in all. A couple came on a few stops down the line and i think they were airline employees as the guys bag looked like a pilot bag and had the words “CREW” in blue lettering on a tag on the bag. Their body language was interesting as they sometimes held hands and then most of the time, they were just quiet staring at the route map for the train. I busied myself with updating the blog until I ran out battery and then I read a copy of Business Traveller.

We arrived at Terminal 4 at 10:04a.

No comments: