Saturday, May 03, 2008

Eindhoven Netherlands: Arriving in Asmterdam Schipol International, Amsterdam Netherlands (AMS)

03MAY08 Amsterdam Schipol International, Amsterdam Netherlands (AMS)

We touched down on that far runway at 12:30p. This sucks as it means that it will take another 10 minutes t make it to the gate. I am kind of confused as to why we arrived so late since we only left about 30 minutes late. Maybe flying around that storm ate up a lot of our time. Back in Houston, we were even expedited to the runway.

Anyways, it was a beautiful morning and it was great to see plane spotters all along the length of the runway. Some were even sitting on benches that had obviously been placed there for this purpose. I never see that many people in Houston at Lee Road.

It was 12:41p when we made it into our gate. I got off quickly joining my other colleague as we headed for Immigration. He had to go change, so I left him and headed out. On my way, I saw a Delta Air Lines (DL) Boeing 757-200 with winglets being pushbacked. It was nice to see one of these as this was my first time seeing one of them. Something tells me they are running thin on airplanes. I am assuming that the proposed merger should help this a bit.

Immigration was a breeze as I was the second person in line of a total of three persons in all. I hurried through Customs and headed straight for the ticket counter. The next train was at 1:14p and it was now 12:50p. I paused for a moment to catch my breath before purchasing my return train ticket to my next destination.

No comments: