Sunday, May 04, 2008

Eindhoven Netherlands: Arriving in Houston, TX (IAH) from Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)

04MAY08 Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)


We touched down on runway 26L just before 5:00 p.m. and headed for Terminal E. The Emirates flight was the only one at Terminal D at this time as we taxied by.

The Emirates (EK) Boeing 777-200ER at the gate in Terminal D.


An unusual sight at Terminal D; a Continental Boeing 777-200ER, I guess Terminal E was full.

As we blocked in at Terminal E, I got my stuff together and headed for the Immigration area. The Immigration guy asked me why I was out of the country for one day, I told him I needed a beer.

Once I cleared Customs, I then headed over to Terminal C by taking the slow train. Since the bus was not going to arrive for another 30 minutes, I plugged in just inside of the Baggage Claim waiting area and caught up for a bit and then proceeded to the bus stop.

It was unusual as there were a lot of people heading downtown with at least one piece of luggage. Of course the driver did not advise us to place our bags in the hold below as the CEO of Metro told me when I talked to him on their blog a few weeks back. Instead, we placed them on the seat or between the two seats. Luckily the bus was not full.

Finally, we headed downtown.

No comments: