Friday, June 06, 2008

Warsaw, Poland (WAW) perhaps

So, Alexis is in Warsaw, Poland (WAW) on another trip and I think I'll go visit him. Its been about 2.5 years or so since I'd been to Warsaw, so I am long overdue for a visit.

I could also go down to Orlando, FL (MCO) and visit with some friends who are going to Disney this weekend...

Getting to Warsaw can be achieved by going via London, except that I would be hard pressed to get to Gatwick (LGW) for a British Airways (BA) 11:55a flight after arriving in Heathrow (LHR) at 9:35a, if ontime. Paris, France (CDG) works, but the flight from Houston to Paris is a bit full in comfort class :-). So that leaves Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS) which looks really good and I arrive about 5:00p. Coming back, I can do Lot Polish's (LO) ERJ-170, which I've wanted to fly for a while. If that fails, I can take one of KLM's Boeing 737s; hopefully a wingleted one. I may even take LOT to Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD) or to New York JFK, NY (JFK). Only issue with the JFK flight is that is mis-connects with the Houston (IAH) flight.

Of course, some other random foreign country is also in the cards. I have still not logged Montevideo, Uruguay (MVD), so that is a possibility. This would mean flying into Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE), taking a boat to Montevideo and then flying back to EZE or nonstop to Dallas/Ft. Worth , TX (DFW) on American Airlines (AA) or to Miami, FL (MIA) also on American. United Airlines (UA) used to fly there, but I believe they've stopped.

The possibilities are endless...

I'll make a solid decision later today.

No comments: