Friday, June 06, 2008

Warsaw, Poland June 2008: Arriving in Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) from downtown

Houston Intercontinental, Houston, TX (IAH)

We pulled into Service Park, found a spot after being directed to the incorrect lane. Then we took the bus and made our way to the terminals, stopping at Terminal E first. I cleared security without any issues after seeing a group of passengers behind some ropes. I still have no idea why they were there.

I needed to get a ticket for my flights to Warsaw, so I headed to the ticketing office where I got round trip tickets for Amsterdam to Warsaw, Poland (WAW) and also a one way ticket to Chicago, O’Hare, IL (ORD). This took me about fifteen minutes to accomplish.

A colleague called me while I was there and said he went by my gate and did not see me. I asked him where he was and he said gate C16; crap, I though the flight was in Terminal E. It is quite a distance to get to C16 from where I am.

After getting the ticket, I made a bee line for Terminal C, stopping at the north Presidents Club as I did so.

Once done there, I went to gate to collect my boarding pass. When I got there, I ended up scoring an upgrade as there were some late arriving passengers. I collected the boarding pass and boarded.

No comments: