Friday, July 18, 2008

Farnborough 2008: Arriving in London-Gatwick International from Houston Intercontinental (IAH)

18JUL08 London-Gatwick International, London England (LGW)

We touched down at 7:16a on runway 8L. We crossed the right parallel runway, 8R and then turned right and taxied back to the terminal.

We passed a few airplanes that I'd not seen before. It's been a while since I landed in Gatwick; I think the last time was in March of this year.



I don't know who is operating this white A321.

There must be a Sheik in town.


So I did not realize that easyJet got Airbus A321. When did they get those?


Eventually, we taxied up to our gate at the Satellite terminal with a First Choice Boeing 757-200 on our left.

I deplaned and caught up with one of my colleagues. We talked all the way to the Immigration counter, where he went to the UK residents line.

We would have both used the IRIS as the line were really long, but unfortunately, it was broken. It was broken the last time I was in Gatwick in March! :-(. It was 7:36a when I got on the queue and 8:40a when I saw an Officer...

I did a quick change in the bathroom and then headed through Customs. I checked if there was a bus to Farnborough from Gatwick, but there was not. I then headed to the South Terminal and got the next possible train to Farnborough via Clapham Junction.

No comments: