Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Beijing 2008 - The Summer Olympiad: Baltimore/Washington Thurgood Marshall, Baltimore, MD (BWI) to Houston-Intercontinental., Houston TX (IAH)

CO1727 12AUG08 Baltimore/Washington Thurgood Marshall, Baltimore, MD (BWI) to Houston-Intercontinental., Houston TX (IAH) 5:40a 7:50a 735 N??609

Flight Time: 2:56
Seat Map

I boarded and took my seat after finding a pillow and asking the flight attendant to find a blanket for me. The passengers got settled in rather quickly and one customer got a last minute upgrade and then the doors closed at 5:36a. This aircraft has 8 First class leather seats in a 2-2 configuration. Economy class has 106 cloth seats in a 3-3 configuration.

Four minutes later, we pushed back and the safety demo commenced manually as this aircraft has no entertainment system.

Our taxi out started at 5:45a and by 5:48a, the Captain told the flight attendants to be seated. It was 5:50a when we took to runway 28 and into the dawn.

I looked outside a bit and saw that there was already traffic on one of the major highways below in both directions; good grief. I actually fell asleep for a few minutes and awoke when the Captain on the PA and advised we were at 34,000'. He expected a smooth ride and said that we would land on schedule. The city was expecting thunderstorms later, but the current weather was 83F and partly cloudy. I still wonder about the merits of giving the weather report for your destination when you leave your origin, but maybe it is only me.

Almost about the same time, we were served breakfast of 2% milk with corn flakes plus a banana. Beverages came a few minutes later. This was all cleaned up in a few minutes and then another beverage service followed.

I was really tired so I went to sleep. The seat I was in does not have a recline, but I slept well anyways. At one point I looked out and the sun was shining brightly and the ground was close; we were landing.

No comments: