Sunday, September 07, 2008

Berlin September 2008: Arriving in Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

7SEP08 Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

We touched down quietly and made out way to the gate. It is always weird when you sit in the middle of the plane as you can never tell what is going on outside. All I could see is the flaps on the left wing.

We blocked in five minutes later E4, so we could not have been that far away from the gate.

I got my stuff together and headed out towards the Immigration Hall. As I walked out I could see that they were using the Lee Road runway as I saw the Lufthansa (LH) Boeing 747-400 behind a few Continental (CO) planes and a United Airlines (UA) Airbus A319.

It was quite the wait there as they were having computer trouble so they could not process the Visitors which was really annoying. I could just imagine if that was the case when I arrived in the U.K. on Saturday, I would not have made that connection at all.

Eventually after about 15 minutes waiting I saw an Officer, cleared and then head to the Baggage Claim area. I did stop by Global Entry and was told that I do have to make the appt. online and then come in. I will see if I can get an appt. this week. I then made my way out.

No comments: