Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Ike: The Eyewall is here

So I opened my door and looked out. The door is wet so it means that rain is blowing in on it. It was then that a gust blew across my door and out to the street! The intensity is nothing like I've seen before. Then the wind and rain made its way down my street like a 100m sprinter. It is fantastic to see. i took a video and some pics.

I've had many flickers of power and Internet going out, but thankfully it is still holding. I did notice a power line a lot lower than it should be almost touching one of the cars in the parking lot.

The TV is saying that we should have another 8-9 more hours of rain as the storm is so slow moving. my power just blipped.

1,250 calls in the last 24 hours so things are happening. 311 is shut down, so only 911 can be called. Two of my friend have texted me to say they are out of power.

No comments: