Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Google Android G1 Phone: Arriving in Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) from San Antonio, TX (SAT)

Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

We touched down at about 6:35a and was in the gate by 6:39a, one minute late.

As we taxied in, I tried the GPS once more and it was still giving an error. I touched "My Location" once more and it revealed that I was actually north of the airport close to Farm Road 1960. Weird. I was clearly on an airport taxiway which I could see on the map.

Once at the gate, I gathered my stuff and headed out. I called up Metro (it was quicker than navigating their Web site) and found out that I had just missed a bus but the next one was in 13 minutes. I went down stairs and noticed that Metro had now hired their own airport staff and had moved their sign from under the Super Shuttle area; good move I think. I asked the guy if I could top up my card and he said yes, so I did. He said that his opening hours were 6:00a to 8:40p.

I then thanked him and headed out to the bus stop. Like clockwork, at 6:56a, the 102 arrived. I was able to play with the GPS on the way home. It was funny as it had difficulty find my location a few times.

No comments: