Friday, October 10, 2008

Killeen, TX (GRK) Oct. 2008: Arriving in Houston Intercontinental, Houston, TX

10OCT 08 Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

The check-in lines at Terminal B were not too bad and in about 8 minutes, we had cleared. I walked her down to her gate, chatted for a bit and then headed to my gate. I had to take a shuttle bus to Terminal A.

It did not take too long to arrive and in no time I was at gate A2. I made my way across to the relatively new Presidents Club across from gate A7, which is actually my gate. When I got there, there was no one at the front desk. I did see a lady, but it looked like she was cleaning up stuff. As it turns out, it was 6:29p and the Club closes at 6:30p :-(. There was one other guy there who was protesting as apparently a sign on the bar says they closed later. The agent advised him that the sign was for the old hours.

As I left, I noticed that the sign outside said 5:15a to 6:30p daily. Bummer as the last Killeen flight is at 9:25p and there are other flights still leaving after 6:30p.

I decided to head for Terminal B so I could use the Presidents Club there. Here are some sights as I headed that way.





I arrived there via a shuttle bus at 6:40p, knowing that I would only have about 10 minutes there. I had a beverage and some crackers and cheese and then hurried back to the shuttle bay, barely missing one.

At 7:09p one showed up and I made it to the gate at 7:15p out of breath. Why do I do this to myself?

I identified myself and in a moment, I was given an aisle seat. They actually thought I was another passenger. I took the boarding pass and headed down the unusually long jetway.

No comments: