Friday, October 10, 2008

Killeen, TX Oct. 2008: Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) to Killeen/Ft. Hood Regional, Killeen TX (GRK)

CO9498 10OCT08 Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) to Killeen/Ft. Hood, Killeen TX (GRK) SF3 N352CJ

Flight Time: 0:45
Seat Map

It was 7:17p when I made it on board and last passenger arrived at 7:23p. This aircraft has a 1-2 configuration and the last row has four seats.

I tried to sit in my assigned seat, but there was a guy's bag strapped into the seat. I then headed for the open Exit row and the guy sitting in the single seat had both his bags under the seats in front of that row. I tried again and found a single seat further back.

At 7:24p the flight attendant closed the door. We pulled forward at 7:27p as she did the safety demo. As we taxied out, at 7:37p Captain said we were #3 for takeoff. It was 7:40p when we departed 33L-15R.

After takeoff, at 7:51p, an offer of mini pretzels and beverage of choice were made. I requested some Sprite and a few minutes later the flight attendant returned with a can of Sprite and a glass of ice.

I could not tell the last time I got a whole can of soda on an airplane flight.

The captain came on the PA at 7:57p to advise that we were at our cruising altitude of 12,000' and then turned off the seat belt signs.

All during the flight, I kept smelling a stinky smell, it was quite horrible actually.

The Captain came on the PA and said that the temp was 77F and that we had started our descent at about 8:13p.

The Captain also advised that it would be an early arrival and told the lone flight attendant to prepare the cabin for arrival which she did. I actually fell asleep a little bit and awoke when we touched the runway.

No comments: