Monday, October 06, 2008

Rotterdam, Netherlands Oct. 2008: Departing Heathrow for Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

06OCT08 Heathrow International, London England (LHR) Terminal 4

It was exactly 7:01a as my friend set me down at Terminal 4.
They are doing a lot of construction so you cannot drive up to the front of the terminal anymore. So, I bade him goodbye and made my way towards the elevators. It was taking forever, so I took the stairs along with another lady.

In the terminal, I was able to check-in rather quickly, well, did the security checks as I'd already checked in. I had not seen that few people in Terminal 4 in a long while and it was a Monday morning.

I got through security with ease and then made it to the Holideck Lounge. I had one purpose, check out the BBC's site for new shows. I did that, got some snacks and then headed out for the gate at about 7:45a.

I needed to check with IRIS so the next time I come back I would have no issues, but I have to wait for a few more weeks to get it all taken care of.

At the gate (1c), I got a window seat, got security checked and then showed my boarding pass and started the long walk down the winding jetway. As the flight was empty, I got the seat next to me vacant.

No comments: