Sunday, November 02, 2008

amsterdam/london: arriving in London-Heathrow (LHR) from Amsterdam Schipol International, Amsterdam Netherlands (AMS)

2NOV08 London-Heathrow International, London England (LHR)

We touched down smoothly although I awoke as the rhythm was different. It was a short taxi to Terminal 5 where I disembarked momentarily.

This terminal is really nice and quite large. There is a huge area for Flight Connections for Terminal 5 as well as a UK Border control area.

I made my way to the IRIS automated Immigration barrier and waited. There was a guy in front of me who had issues with the machine, so it caused the queue to back up with about three persons ahead of me. Two decided to use a different method as the line were not too long. The lady at the head of the queue tried and it worked almost instantly for her. The guy tried again and then it worked. I tried and after two tries it worked properly.

I then made my way downstairs to the Baggage Re-claim area and exited thorough the EU Arrivals Exit. I followed the signs to the Underground, but somehow missed the actual sign pointing it out. I backtracked and saw it, then took the escalators down to it.

By 12:14a, I was on the way to Central London.

1 comment:

muthu said...

Hi,
Amsterdam Netherlands most important place. it connects five ports together joined here.
---------------
muthu
Drug Rehabs