Sunday, November 09, 2008

Chicago Nov. 2008: Arriving in Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) from Chicago O'Hare, Chicago IL (ORD)

We touched down safely and made our way to the gate. I was still sleeping as we did so. At the gate, I continued to sleep as I was in the back of the plane and had to wait quite a long time for everyone to get out.

Eventually, I made it to the front of the plane, being almost the last one off.

At 4:55p, I called the Metro bus and found out that the next bus was due right now. I looked out the window ans saw the bus coming. I tried to run for it, but I was delayed as the escalator was packed with travelers.

By the time I made it to the bus, it was leaving. I had all but given up, when I saw a guy running to catch it and the door opened for him. I ran as fast as I could, but the doors closed before I got there. I banged on the side of the bus and the door as the driver was waiting to pull out and he opened the door for me. Yes! The next bus was 30 minutes away.

As it turns out one of my colleagues was also on the same bus.

No comments: