Saturday, November 29, 2008

The French Caribbean Connection: Arriving in San Juan, PR (SJU) from Point a Pitre, Guadeloupe (PTP)

29NOV08 San Juan, PR (SJU)

We touched down at 10:30a and made our way to the terminal. We all deplaned walked across the tarmac to the main terminal.

Once inside, we followed the directions to the Immigration area. I presented my documents as there is no Global Entry here.

I then cleared Customs downstairs and made my way through the maze to the exit. I found the Continental ticket counter and got our tickets for the next leg of our journey. Meanwhile I was on the phone with American making a listing for the San Juan, PR (SJU) to Miami, FL (MIA) segment.

With tickets in hand, we made our way over to the American ticket counter to check in. It was now about 11:05. We thought we could make the 11:25a, but the check-in line was pretty long and there was a lady re-packing her stuff so that would not work.

We got checked in for the 2:10p, checked the loads and realized that we would not make it as the standby list was way too long.

We then decided to go buy a JetBlue ticket on the 2:25p to Orlando, FL (MCO) instead as our chances of making it to Houston, TX (IAH) today were better from Orlando, FL.

We got in line and after waiting for a bit, we were able to purchase the ticket and got exit row seating.

We then cleared security after I asked the TSA guy why he had to check my ticket before I went into the Expert lane just to have another TSA guy check my ticket. It is really so stupid since there is only one guy there and you have to wait behind the other passengers who are not in the expert category just to have someoen check my ticket. oh well.

The gate was close by, so we strolled over there. The flight had just arrived and passengers were deplaining. At about 11:50p, boarding started.

No comments: