Monday, January 07, 2008

London Jan. 4: Houston-Intercontinental (IAH)

Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

I deplaned and headed for the Immigration counter, passport in pocket. It is always so far away to get to the place; once needs like an electric cart or something.

I cleared Immigration without incident and encountered a long line at Customs. Lots of flights had arrived from Mexico, the Caribbean and out flight from Europe. I also noticed the luggage from the Emirates flight from Dubai. It looked like it had arrived a little while now. Soon, I will take that flight.

I got through Customs and then headed for Terminal C. I took the little slow train that runs around the airport and arrived in about three minutes. Once can actually walk, but I decided not to do so.

Today, I was taking the bus home; I did not have to wait too long, so it was not an issue.

On the bus

It came, I got on, some guy was asking about the Greyhound bus station. His story is that he was going to Lafayette, LA, but wanted to take the bus as opposed to flying. It was cheaper he said. I think he was from NY as he was asking if there was another bus service such as Peter Pan. I told him that Greyhound was it unless he was going to Mexico.

As the bus progressed, a lady got on and she was on the cell phone. She was talking to someone about her dog. It sounded like her boyfriend had lost the dog, but she thought that he had sold the dog. She started to curse loudly and the driver told her that she should keep it down. He also played a tape that I'd not heard before (I take the bus a lot), that said it is against Texas law to use indecent language on the bus. It was in English and Spanish. The lady continued and she was also crying as well. the driver cautioned her again.

I was hoping she would get thrown off as it was really becoming uncomfortable for everyone as she was threatening violence to her boyfriend. Eventually this died down and life continued. Soon, I was downtown.

No comments: