Friday, April 18, 2008

London Apr. 18: Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

There was a long line at security and one of the reasons for it was that the TSA agent on the X-rays was being trained. Do you have to train him at peak time?

Eventually, we cleared, checked our gates and headed there. My other two colleagues headed to one Presidents Club and I headed towards the one in Terminal E as it was closer to my gate.

I decided to go and get a ticket for the flight from London to Toronto to Houston on Air Canada (AC). On my way there, I ran into a colleague who was heading to San Diego, CA (SAN). Unfortunately, he did not make the earlier flight and had to wait for the next one in about an hour and a half or so.

I got my ticket expeditiously and then headed for the Presidents Club at about 6:20p. After collecting some reading material, some snacks and beverages, it was time to leave and head to gate E20 for the flight. While I was in the Club, I heard an announcement for CO34 to Gatwick, huh? That flight should have left at 4:00p and it was still here. I looked at the board and it was now scheduled to leave at 6:43p. Ouch, I wondered what happened. I was actually tempted to take it, but refrained.

When I got there, the agents were checking the passports so there was a bit of a queue at the gate. I waited my turn and got my boarding pass for an aisle seat in the second of three Economy class cabins. I was in luck too, as this seat had in seat power.

I got on the boarding line just as the agent said they were boarding all rows.

No comments: