Monday, May 12, 2008

Montego Bay May 2008: Arriving in Houston, TX (IAH) from Killeen, TX (GRK)

12MAY08 Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

We landed so smoothly that I did not even realize it. In a few minutes the flight attendant announced that it was 6:06a and welcome to Houston, etc. The lady next to me turned and said that she could not understand the flight attendant as she could not tell if she was talking Spanish or English. Indeed, she was heavily accented, but I understood her. I told the lady that she just has to listen carefully. I think she was still mad about not getting a blanket during the flight.

We had a short taxi into the gate passing two Northwest Airlines (NW) Airbus A319s, one in the old colors and the other in the new colors.

At the hard stand, we all disembarked into a waiting bus that was headed for all terminals the driver announced. It seemed like it was taking forever, but I eventually arrived at Terminal C at 6:21a.

After a quick stop in the Presidents Club for a banana, some muffins and the morning newspapers (The Financial Times, USA Today and The Wall Street Journal), I headed for the bus stop to catch the 6:35a to downtown Houston.

No comments: