Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dallas, TX July 2008: Houston Intercontinental, Houston, TX (IAH) to Dallas-Love Field, Dallas, TX (DAL)

CO2826 26JUL08 Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) to Dallas-Love Field, Dallas TX (DAL) 12:00 noon 1:00p ERJ N??933

Flight Time: 0:40
Seat Map

As I walked down the jetway, I could see that the cabin bags that are too big for the cabin were still in the jetway. There was also a little backup at the doorway as well. I looked over at the lone female flight attendant and smiled an hello; she reciprocated. Then she got on the PA and made a welcome aboard announcement.

The Embraer Regional Jet 145 (ERJ-145) is just about 6’2” in interior height so I had to bend a little as I negotiated my way down the 1-2 configuration of 50 leather seats. I had a window seat on the two side.

The lady at the aisle let me in and noting how tall I am volunteered for me to sit at the aisle instead. I told her thanks but took the window as it was a beautiful day for flying and I wanted to see out. I got settled in, stuffing my backpack under the seat in front of me.

The Captain came on the PA at 11:50a and announced that the flying time was a quick 0:40 today, the temperature was 29C/85F and the visibility was 10 miles.

At 11:55a, the flight attendant made another announcement that this was the flight to Dallas so please ensure that this is where you wanted to go. Two minutes later the door closed and came with a notification to turn off the electronic devices especially those blackberries, strawberries and raspberries; this brought a chuckle as did the prior announcement.

It was 12:02p when the safety announcement started playing and the flight attendant did the demo. Pushback started about the same time as did an engine start. Our taxi out to the runway started at 12:06p.

It was a quick taxi and by 12:10p, we were airborne having used runway 33R-15L.

It was a nice take off and we made a hard right hand turn so I could see the entire airport in its glory. I could even see the airplane that was behind us on the runway, a Continental Boeing 757-300.

The flight attendant came on the PA and announced that due to the very, very short flight, there would be no beverages served onboard, but she was available if anyone needed her. I always think it strange that U.S. carriers don’t serve a meal on short flights when in Europe, you sometimes get a hot meal on a 0:45 flight between London and Amsterdam or Paris.

As I was really tired, I went to sleep and awoke when the Captain said we had 0:25 to go and had started our descent. He also added that it was 90F at the moment on the ground.

It was great to see the city below as we descended.

No comments: