Sunday, January 25, 2009

San Jose, CA Jan 2009: Mineta San Jose International, San Jose, CA (SJC) to Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

CO160 25JAN09 Mineta San Jose, San Jose CA (SJC) to Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) 12:19p 6:00p 73G N21723

Flight Time: 3:16

Seat Map

I boarded when it was my turn and immediately headed for the back of the plane once I cleared the temporary tunnel.

The temporary tunnel to the plane.

It was very windy and really cold.  There was a Frontier Airbus A318 pulling away as we made our way up the rear stairs.  It was really noisy but cool to see it all.

I greeted the shivering flight attendant and boarded.  FInding my seat in no time and settling in.

It was fun to see passengers boarding from both entrances and you see the ones who did not check their boarding passes as they go beyond the rows that were earmarked for each stairs.

Overhead space vanished quickly, but the flight attendants were very good about finding room, for every bag.  Kudos.

Soon, the doors closed and we started our pushback along with the safety announcement.  Soon, we were airborne making an extremely steep climb into the cold midday skies.  I think San Jose airport is a noise abatement airport.  This means that the planes has to maintain a particular angle of attack on takeoff which minimizes the amount of noise they make.

Soon after take off, there was a offer for headsets for 1 USD to watch the movie "The Longshots" which was about the first black girl quarterback for the Little League Super Bowl.

After that, while the movie played, lunch was served. It was a charboiled burger with cheese as well as a salad and a Twix for desert.  Both was actually very good.

Drinks came soon after.

I was really tired so I fell asleep.  Added to the fact that I could not move my elbows much so I did not even bother to use the MacBook.  I did read my book for a bit though before falling asleep.

I awoke for the second drink offering, but passed on it and also awoke for a water offering, but passed on that too.

The next time I awoke was to put my tray table up as well as my seat back.  I awoke again once we touched down gently in Houston.