Sunday, January 25, 2009

San Jose, CA Jan 2009: Arriving in Mineta San Jose International, San Jose CA (SJC) from San Jose, CA

25JAN09 Mineta San Jose International, San Jose CA (SJC)


Mineta San Jose is set up so that you have to drive by the other Terminal (A) to get to B.  A is in much better shape than B.  You can also see the new construction that is being done to improve the airport.  They are really building a totally new terminal that will serve all airlines.  They seem to have at least another year in my opinion though.


I alighted at the dingy terminal and headed to the kiosks to check-in.  The airport was really light; even the shuttle drive was commenting on how bad its been with the economy the way it is.


I walked around the airport picking up some local transportation brochures first before heading through security.


This was an easy process and before long, I was at the Burger King ordering a chicken salad.  After which I then found a seat that had a power plug nearby.


One thing I have to give this airport credit for, well two things, are: free wifi and that they've placed electrical outlets right behind the seats.  Thank you.


I ate, then got online.  There were many others doing the same thing as well as talking too loudly on their phones.  I think people forget they are in a public space.  Some of the conversations are indeed funny though, but I could do without having to hear them.


I got online for a bit and just goofed off and twittered a few tweets.  Soon, I heard my name called and I got a middle seat about 2/3rds way down the plane.


Boarding commenced shortly after.  It was neat as if you had 18-25 you boarded from the rear stairs otherwise you did the front.  It was awesome.  The also started boarding with row 18 and higher.

No comments: