Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year Trip 2007/2008 : Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) to Seattle-Tacoma International, Seattle WA (SEA)

CO667 31DEC07 Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) to Seattle-Tacoma International, WA (SEA) 5:20p 8:20p 753 N??858

When we got to the first open seat, it was also a middle seat as apparently the person in the middle had moved over to the aisle. She moved out of the way and allowed the guy to sit in the middle without saying a word. I then continued on to my middle seat between an elderly lady and a younger lady who was knitting.

I got settled in and it was soon time for push back, two minutes early, I think. Oh, this aircraft has a 3-3 configuration in Economy class with a total of 192 seats as well as 24 First class seats in a 2-2 configuration. The entertainment system uses overhead monitors.

I was really tired, so I kept dozing off and really had no idea when were airborne. I awoke and saw “Stardust” playing on the screen; I had already seen it, so it was O.K.; it is a good movie by the way. The crew then came around with today’s meal service.

After the meal, I fell asleep again although I tried to do some writing. Next thing I knew, we were descending into Seattle and “Frasier” was on the overhead monitors. I had slept the majority of the 4:17 flight. I pulled my seat forward and put the computer and newspapers away and went back to sleep. I was actually parched so I drank the rest of the water that sat on my table.

We landed pretty hard, but very quiet and taxied up to the gate. As the flight was pretty full, I just sat there for a while until it was almost my turn to get off. It was odd as when I was in Asia, the people would not allow me to get off when it is my turn; basically if you are already in the aisle they won’t let you get out of your row, one has to be a little aggressive; not so tonight as we got off without any issues. The passengers going to Anchorage were told that they could either stay on board or place “Occupied” signs (the back of the barf bags) on their seats and deplane with their carry-ons. I had to get off as I did not know what was my seat assignment for the next leg of the journey.

No comments: