Friday, April 25, 2008

Alexis - Mexico City Apr. 2008: Delayed in Miami, FL (MIA)

Miami International Airport, Miami FL (MIA) 11:20 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.


I set off looking for the book that I did not get last week. I am successful this time. After some browsing I go to eat; I read a bit and then answer some e-mail and try to organise my Inbox. At 3:00 p.m. I leave to clear TSA security. I check the board for my flight and see that there is no gate change, but there is a time change with a delay to 5:45 p.m.. I decided to continue to the gate, ultimately because I felt that I would be just as comfortable there as anywhere else.


At 3:55 p.m. American Airlines (AA) has just announced, for those who don't already know, I guess, that our flight to Port of Spain, Trinidad (POS) is delayed to 5:45p, but that realistically we should expect a 6:00 p.m. departure since the flight is international arriving from Aruba Netherlands Antilles (AUA) and requires more time to clear Customs.


They have just made another announcement about a gate change for AA1663. I guess that they had changed gates but have switched back to the original D39 which is the gate we are sitting at and which is the gate they gave me this morning.


It is now 5:06 p.m. and there is no activity at our gate yet so I won't be surprised at a departure even later than 6:00 p.m. I am premature. It is 5:10 p.m. and the arrival announcement is made, with a departure estimate of 6:05 p.m.; arrival POS 9:34 p.m.

No comments: