Friday, April 25, 2008

Alexis - Mexico City Apr. 2008: Miami, FL (MIA) to Port of Spain, Trinidad (POS)

AA1663 25APR08 Miami International, Miami Fl (MIA) to Piarco International, Port of Spain Trinidad (POS) 4:45p 8:20p 757


Flight Time: 3:08

Seat Map


The initial turn around was rather quick. By 5:35 p.m. boarding started. I noted that they were now showing a departure time of 6:20 p.m.. The passengers were all settled long before they finished loading the luggage. We eventually push back just after 6:20 p.m. and were taxing by 6:27 p.m.. We were later given a flying time of 3:08. I spent most of the flight reading. The movie was "Mad Money", which I had seen and enjoyed, but my headset did not work without the adapter that I had left in my other bag in the overhead locker, so I gave the entertainment system a pass.

On the approach into the Piarco, I noted that the aircraft seemed not to be holding, but the approach seemed to take a long time. After landing at about 9:55 p.m. we got to the gate at 10:00 p.m.


On deplaning, I asked the pilot what kind of approach he did. He said he came straight in, but had to slow for an aircraft ahead. That accounted for the turns I felt. He was doing what is termed "dog-legs" to create space. He said that he flies in to Trinidad regularly and commended the job we air traffic controllers do.

No comments: