Friday, April 25, 2008

Italy Apr.: Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

25APR08 Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

It was 5:55p when we got dropped off at Terminal E. The security line was short and we had no issues making it through.

We both made it into the Presidents Club and tried to relax for a bit. I actually met another colleague there who was also going to Paris. I picked up a copy of the Financial Times, but really wanted a copy of the Wall Street Journal as well. My colleague was getting a little antsy as it was 6:05p, so she went ahead to the gate.

As I left the Club, I saw another colleague of mine who was trying to flying around the world in some kind of interesting routing. We had talked earlier, but had not come up with anything concrete. Options included Houston to Dubai and back to Houston via Atlanta, GA (ATL) on Delta (DL) as well as Tokyo, Japan (NRT) via KLM out of Amsterdam (AMS) and then Northwest from Narita to Seattle, WA (SEA) and then back to Houston. The flight to Amsterdam was delayed so he was kind of at a loss, but I told him to just continue on that routing and hope for the best. I had to hastily depart as I was really running late for my flight at 6:40p. I’ll find out on Sunday what he ended up doing.

I got to the gate at 6:15p (a little late), collected my boarding pass, asked for a different seat, was denied as the flight was full so I then boarded.

No comments: