Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Trip 2007: Eureka, I found a room

Nagoya, Japan (NGO)

After checking on all three hotels, I settled on the third one as it had the best rate and like the Comfort Inn at 9,000 YEN with a 10% discount, they also give a 10% discount; 5,986 YEN (taxes included), a little under 50 USD, now that was easy.

I am a few thousand percent happier than I was last night in Honolulu, HI. Now even if I go into Nagoya tonight at a cost of 1,700 YEN on the train round trip, It will still be less than the cost of that room in Honolulu, HI. The rate also includes breakfast, but it starts at 6a, the flight is at 7:50a, so maybe I can just eat and then go as the airport is literally across the street.

This hotel, the Toyoko Inn, is nice and clean and looks very new. I saw signs in the elevator that they had three more opening up in January 2008. I have enough plugs to plug in everything I have and more; no converter needed.

Now if I could only figure out how to turn up the heater as it is 15C in the room I'll be O.K., the markings on the remote for the heater are all in Japanese...

Oh, my phone does not work in Japan, but they have e-FREE in the room so I can blog and catch up finally.

PS: The heater is responding...
I need a Kirin!

No comments: