Sunday, January 13, 2008

Des Moines, IA (DSM): In Des Moines, IA (DSM)

As we taxied in, an American Eagle 145 was taking off. The airport of this state's capital is larger than expected.

I got off with everyone else and looked around the terminal. I headed out to the check-in area and walked around outside in the below freezing temperature. I came back in and got my boarding pass and went upstairs to security after checking fr some local information.

The lady at the information counter thought it strange that I was asking for a bus schedule. She said there is a bus, but it does not run on Sundays. I asked her for a schedule but she said she had none. She was funny too, as she said you can even walk it as it is only five miles, then she said she joking about walking. I then took up some brochures said thanks and went to the security area.

It was slower than Ponce if you can imagine that. I wanted to see if they had complimentary WiFi, but it took forever to get through the security lines and there were maybe 10 people ahead of me if that many. By the time I got through and made my way back to the gate, I had to board the flight back.

No comments: