Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ponce, PR (PSE): Newark, NJ to Houston, TX

CO303 13JAN08 Newark-Liberty International, Newark NJ (EWR) to Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) 733 10:25a 1:20p N59338 with winglets

Flying Time: 3:20

Finally we could board the aircraft. The First Class cabin has 12 leather seats in a 2-2 configuration. Behind the divider is Economy class in a 3-3- configuration and one exit row.

I always try to visualize where I am sitting and when I did I was not too happy about it, but I pressed on. I asked the guy at the aisle to let me in and he did. The reason I was not too happy was that he was a big guy and he encroached on my seat :-(. This will be a fun three plus hours.

His right shoulder was placed firmly on the right armrest so I had no resort by to lean to the right; luckily the lady at the window was asleep and had leaned into the window. In addition, the jacket he was wearing was sticking me due to the material that made it.

We soon pushed back once everyone was seated and the safety demo started; we were four minutes off the mark. We were not off the ground until 10:48a as we used a runway that was a little far away.

It was great to see the city in all its splendor on a very clear day.

The movie today is "The Nanny Diaries;" headsets were offered for 1.00 USD and we were told we would get a snack on the flight. This 737-300 is one of the few that Continental has that has inflight entertainment on it. It also just got installed with fuel saving winglets.

The Captain came on at about 11:25a, but I could not hear anything he was saying at all; he just sounded muffled; basically all I heard was turn the seat belt sign off and then the ding.

Lunch came in the form of a charboiled beef cheese burger with American cheese; sounds familiar? plus baby carrots and a Twix, plus beverage of choice. I ate it all except for the Twix, despite the pressure on my teeth :-(.

I reclined my seat, but so did the guy next to me, so I pulled forward so we could both fit. I tried to fall asleep and did, waking up when we touched down and taxied to the gate as I was really so tired.

No comments: